Pickleball: A Growing Sport Enjoyed by Millions of Americans.
Pickleball is one of the fastest growing sports in the United States and is enjoyed by millions of Americans. The 2023 APP Pickleball Participation Report, conducted by YouGov on behalf of the APP, revealed that 14% of adult Americans played pickleball at least once over the 12-month period from August 2021 to August 2022, with 8.5 million people playing pickleball eight times or more in the same period. The APP’s Chief Marketing Officer, Tom Webb, commented that pickleball has to be viewed as one of America’s favorite sports.
The Sports & Fitness Industry Association reported that in 2021, pickleball grew to include 4.8 million players in the USA. This 12.8% jump from 2020 to 2021 follows a 21.3% jump the previous year. According to the 2023 APP Pickleball Participation Report, the number of pickleball players has now risen to 36.5 million.
Pickleball is an easy game to learn, fast-paced, social and appeals to all ages and physical abilities. It’s played with a paddle, a wiffle ball and a net and can easily be played on a tennis court. On either side of the net lies the no-volley zone, also known as “the kitchen,”.
Pickleball is being offered at various facilities and sports centers. It’s also being played at municipal tennis courts that have been adapted to include an extra set of lines. The cost to participate is low, and it rewards its participants from the first time they play.
In addition to being a great way to socialize and stay active, recent studies have found that playing pickleball may even ward off depression, improve fitness and hand-eye coordination.
The Association of Pickleball Professionals (APP) is committed to elevating the sport of pickleball by providing platforms for professional, elite and amateur players. The APP also has various youth initiatives to develop the next generation of champions. The 2023 APP Tour slate includes 16 tournament stops, in addition to International and Collegiate Series events.
Pickleball is a great way to stay active and enjoy the company of others.
0. “2023 APP PICKLEBALL PARTICIPATION REPORT REVEALS 36.5 …” www.onfocus.news, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.onfocus.news/2023-app-pickleball-participation-report-reveals-36-5-million-adult-americans-played-pickleball-in-2022/
1. “Pickleball Is Picking Up: Instructors Say It's Healthy for Both Mind …” www.jewishtimes.com, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.jewishtimes.com/pickleball-is-picking-up-instructors-say-its-healthy-for-both-mind-and-body/
2. “The Rise of Pickleball | Moffly Media” mofflylifestylemedia.com, 27 Jan. 2023, https://mofflylifestylemedia.com/the-rise-of-pickleball/
3. “Desert Foothills Park pickleball dream partly achieved | News …” www.ahwatukee.com, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.ahwatukee.com/news/article_0b8ab912-9c31-11ed-9376-af36112d793f.html
4. “Health Benefits of Pickleball: Research Shows Improved Fitness …” www.onfocus.news, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.onfocus.news/health-benefits-of-pickleball-research-shows-improved-fitness-lowers-risk-of-depression/